National WOD to support to the American Red Cross
Although the tornado struck on May 20th, we might remember that 24 souls perished, hundreds were injured,
and the town of Moore was effectively leveled. As such, much work remains and the needs in the community
are great. Visit www.LiftUpMoore.com
The CrossFit community has distinguished itself by its past support and participation in such events for the greater good. This event will build upon that tradition.
As an athlete you will undertake a grueling WOD that memorializes the 5/20/13 date of the tornado, and you can compete on a national leader board and vie for prizes from our sponsors.
1. Take 15 minutes to build up to a 1 Rep Max Clean (Squat Clean or Power Cleans are acceptable.)
2. 5 Rounds for Time: 20 Burpee Lateral Bar Hops, 13 Squat Cleans (135/95)
By securing the participation of at least 100 gyms and 5,000 athletes, we hope to raise $50,000 for the American Red Cross.
In the time it takes to do 30 air squats, you can sign-up! Just visit www.EventBrite.com and type “Lif Up Moore” in the search box to find our gym.
Select one of three participation levels:
1. Participate in the WOD only. No donation.
2. Participate in the WOD and make a $10 donation to the Red Cross. (There is no T-Shirt for this level)
3. Participate in the WOD and get an event t-shirt for $35 if you order by 6/28. The $10 Red Cross donation is included in the $35. Or, you can make a larger donation.
Thank you for your consideration and we hope to see you on July 13th. Oh…and bring a friend or two to participate, too…there is “strength in numbers!”