Potsy’s so tough he sleeps in an ice bath. Also, Potsy has been seen teaching grizzly bears how to fish bare handed. Not only that, but he uses saplings as tooth picks. The legend of Potsy grows…
100 Burpees for time
Every minute on the minute complete 5 toes to bar – start with burpees.
Post times to comments.
Coaches Corner with Coach Max
So we all do our best to do our cooking on the weekends for the week right? Well, have you ever found yourself mid-week with nothing but a jar of almond butter left in your pantry? If this sounds like you then this Coaches Corner is for you. When you find yourself in a pinch where do you go for a paleo-meal on the go? Below in no particular order are my top ten places to go when you need something delicious and nutritious fast. If you have others please post them to comments.
1. Chipotle (Natick) – Talk to Montoya and he’ll tell you this is the only spot to go. The “Montoya” has double barbacoa in a burrito bowl with fajita veggies and guac. It’s Montoya’s way of getting the most bang for his buck. Gosh Montoya is smart…and handsome.
2. Central Street Café (Natick) – Go here for all of your breakfast needs. Huge omelets, crispy bacon, and avocado. Looking for a meal that’ll fill you up for half of the day? Try a four egg scramble (really probably eight egg scramble) with peppers, onions, bacon, and sausage with a side of avocado and an apple with cinnamon. They will pretty much sub anything out and if you wear your CFNE sweatshirt they probably won’t ask you if you want toast with your breakfast.
3. Bill’s Pizza (Natick) – Looking for a cheat meal that won’t make you feel super guilty? Bill’s is the place for you. They offer gluten free crust and have fantastic salads. Try a spinach salad with grilled chicken or chicken salad on top. Also, there’s rumor that they might even name a pie after CFNE! If you want to give it a try it’s a gluten free Carnivore (think every meat you can think and then more) with spinach and jalapenos.
4. Morse Tavern (Natick) – Morse offers a solid bunless burger with grilled peppers, onions, and mushrooms. Order the “Geoff” and get bacon, avocado, with crispy sweet potato fries. Don’t want a burger? That’s fine; try their steak or lamb tips! Morse is always a good choice.
5. Met Bar (Natick) – Want a burger in a bowl with endless toppings? Of course you do, silly question. Met offers a full menu for the paleo diner at a slightly higher price than Morse. My go-to is a double burger (medium rare) in a bowl of mixed lettuce with guacamole, jalapenos, bacon, crispy onions (not paleo…whatevs) and two over easy eggs on top. Also, their sweet potato fries and seltzer are world class. So go to Lulu and then head downstairs to Met for a burger.
6. Zaftigs (Natick) – Go to Zaftigs for breakfast anytime. I’ve never had anything but breakfast there so I can only speak to their breakfast menu, but let me tell you their breakfast is to die for! Their fruit plate looks like a piece of art, don’t be fooled it’s not art…eat it. They do all the classic paleo breakfast orders there and have the BEST and I mean the BEST corned beef hash I’ve ever had. Completely homemade with 3 eggs on top…HOLY MOLY!
7. Theo’s Pizza (Natick) – This place has the best iceberg lettuce salads around. Go here if you’re in a pinch and strapped for time. The order here is a chicken salad with extra chicken and extra pickles (tickles) with the house dressing on the side. Theo’s will have your salad ready in 5 minutes and will cost you under $10.
8. Prime 131 Grill (Wayland) – Looking to class it up a little bit? Take off the Lulu’s (I know it’s tough) and put on some jeans and head to Prime 131 Grill. They’ve got some great steaks, baked sweet potatoes, and some good paleo-ish appetizers. Tell them Max sent you…actually don’t, they don’t know me.
9. California Pizza Kitchen (Natick) – Some people swear by this place, I’m not one of them. Their salads are ok. EC loves their cobb salad and may or may not eat it 3 times a week. Nothing special. And this one time I went with MDV and he ordered extra chicken and barely got anything extra. When MDV asked for more chicken the waiter went back and had a “long and convoluted discussion with the cook” who then awarded MDV some more chicken.
10. Samba (Framingham) – Hibachi is the name of the game at Samba. My advice, order a filet medium rare with some grilled veggies and enjoy the show.
11. Kate (Wayland) – Enough said…she rocks and cooks up a storm.